Ms. Esquire has been a great group, and special due to being mostly ladies, which brings a different vibe. Some of the activities we do during our monthly meetings bring the members closer to one another which is great. Also, all members are phenomenal and intelligent business owners, people you want to relate to and be around.
Samah T. Abukhodeir
Samah (“Sam”) Abukhodeir was born and raised in Lake Wales, Florida. Following high school, Ms. Abukhodeir moved to Tallahassee, Florida, to pursue a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a Minor in Arabic and Child Development at Florida State University.
Ms. Abukhodeir obtained her Juris Doctor from Florida International University College of Law. While in law school, Ms. Abukhodeir worked as a Graduate Assistant to Law Professor Cyra Choudhury and was a judicial intern for the Honorable Marisa Tinkler Mendez, Circuit Court Judge in the Criminal Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in
Miami-Dade, Florida, and the Honorable Maria M. Korvick, Circuit Court Judge in the Probate Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in Miami-Dade, Florida. After law school, Ms. Abukhodeir returned to the 11th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida as a staff attorney/case manager for the Honorable Maria M. Korvick, the Administrative Probate Judge.
Ms. Abukhodeir is a Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section Fellow. She is a Vice-Chair of the Dade County Bar Association Probate and Guardianship Committee.
Ms. Abukhodeir is an adjunct professor at Florida International University. Ms. Abukhodeir practices Family Law and other areas of law. Ms. Abukhodeir is fluent in English and Arabic.
- Florida Bar Appointed Committee Member, Florida Probate Rules Committee (2019-2022)
- Florida Bar Appointed Committee Member, 11 th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (2019-2022)
- Florida Bar Appointed Committee Member, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2017-2021)
- Florida Bar Family Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Elder Law Section, Member
- Real Property, Probate, & Trust Law Section, Member
- Florida State Guardianship Association, Board Member
- Dade County Bar Association Probate and Guardianship Committee, Vice Chair (2018-Present)
- Dade County Bar Association, Director (2018-2020)
- Junior League of Miami (2020-Present)
- National Association of Divorce Professionals (2020-Present)
- 2022 Inc5000 Firm Recipient
- 2022-2023 Law Firm 500 Recipient
- 2019-2023 Aspen Institute Fellow
- 2018-2020 Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Fellow
- 2018-2019 Dade County Bar Association, Director
- 2018-2023 Super Lawyer Rising Star
- 2018-2023 Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- 2018 The American Bar Association, “AMA: Perspectives from Millennial Lawyers”, Co-Speaker
- 2017-Present Dade County Bar Association Probate and Guardianship Committee, Vice Chair
- 2017 Legal Elite Up & Comer, Florida Trend Magazine
- 2016-2021 FIU Elder Law Class, Guest Lecturer
- 2016 Elder Law Symposium, “Preparing for the Unknown: An Elder Law Attorney’s Tool Kit”, Miami, FL, Co Speaker
- 2014-2016 FIU Law Real Property, Probate, & Trust Law Panel Discussion, Co-Speaker